|Yearning to Row|
Whether you’re an experienced oarsperson or wanting to try it for the first time, rowing is a great sport and we’d love for you to join us at Runcorn. We have good boathouse facilities and the best stretch of water in the Northwest. If you’re new to the sport, we offer regular ‘Yearning to Row with Runcorn’ courses. Courses are usually held on Saturday or Sunday mornings from 1030-1230 and it is a 6 week course which will introduce you to rowing.
The waiting list is now open again.
The course will be lead by a qualified British Rowing instructor and coach supported by members of the club and a course administrator. Normal club equipment will be used and the course will be based at Runcorn Rowing Club.
The outcomes of the Yearning to Row are:
• A working knowledge of the sport, both on the water and off.
• An understanding of safe rowing procedures.
• An understanding of basic British rowing technique
• The ability to scull with others 4,000 m
• Knowledge of Runcorn Rowing Club
• Temporary membership of the Club and progression to a rowing squad, if desired.
• A good time and lots of fun.
Please contact our Yearning to Row team on this form if you wish to book on a course or require more information.
The YTR poster can be found here here.
March 3rd - full